Friday, November 15, 2013

Beef Barley Soup/Stew

Sunday dinner?  Why am I thinking about it today? Cuz that's what I do...and I hear it's so much better the day after you cook it.
Beef Barley and Mushroom Soup/Stew
2lbs stew meat
3 stalks celery-diced
3 carrots-diced
1 onion-diced(I used 2)
2 cloves garlic-diced
1 lb mushrooms-diced
2 bay leaves 
7 or 8 cups beef broth...1/2 beef 1/2 veggie stick is great too
1/2 c cooking sherry
1c pearl barley
Add a little of any or all...
Parsley/italian seasoning/garlic/a shake or two of Worcestershire sauce

Add all ingredients except for the mushrooms...simmer for 1.5 hrs...you want the meat to be tender...THEN add the diced mushrooms.  Cook for 25+ min. When it tastes done, it's ready to roll. 

I'm gonna grab everything at the market and buy frozen bread dough to make a loaf for Sunday. (Ps...just made the beef barley stew and it is BEYOND. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment